The University adopted a governance model to steer the growth and development of Information Technology in a strategic and coordinated manner. The governance structure integrates IT planning for the clinical enterprise, research, education, business and underlying infrastructure and provides a mechanism to make decisions, set IT priorities, identify IT funding needs and institute IT policies in a coordinated manner across the UCSF enterprise.
The IT Governance Steering Committee (ITGSC) UCSF IT Governance Org Chart is the central, advisory body made up of top campus and medical center leaders and is chaired by Ron Arenson, MD, Alexander R. Margulis Distinguished Professor and Chair of the Department of Radiology & Biomedical Imaging. The steering committee, serves as advisors to Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost Jeffrey Bluestone and Senior Vice Chancellor John Plotts, both of whom are members of the steering committee.
The steering committee oversees responsiblities for business, clinical, data warehouse & BI, education, research, and IT architecture & support technologies. Each of the six subcommittees has working groups that focus on specific initiatives. The six subcommittees include:
- Committee on Business Technology (CBT) chaired by Associate Dean of Pharmacy Micahel Nordberg
- Committee on Care Delivery Technology co-chaired by Russ Cucina, Medical Director of Information Technology; Traci Hoiting, Director Nursing Administration; and Pam Hudson, Executive Director Clinical Systems
- Committee on Data Warehouse & BI chaired by Chief Medical Information Officer for the Medical Center and Associate Vice Chancellor Michael Blum
- Committee on Education Technology (CET) chaired by Vice Dean for Education Catherine Lucey
- Committee on Research Technology (CRT) chaired by Tom Ferrin, Chair of Biological and Medical Informatics Graduate Program, and Director of Resource for Biocomputing, Visualization, and Informatics
- Committee on Technology and Architecture (CTA) chaired by Director Karen O'Neill
The University continues to engage the IT expertise of representatives from throughout industry, academia and governmental agencies through an external advisory board.